Sunday 27 April 2014

Spring Readathon 2014: End of Event

1) Which hour was the most daunting for you?
Without a doubt, hour 8 and some of hour 9, but not due to anything reading related. For pretty much that full hour, my six-month-old nephew screamed more or less non-stop because of teething pain, and refused to go back to sleep. It started out annoying, moved into upsetting and proceeded to scary, as he just got more and more distraught. Luckily, I got him sleep about 20 minutes into hour 9 and he slept peacefully until the end of my babysitting gig.

2) Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I'll be naming specific titles further down. Graphic novels are great. They allow you to read a lot, in not that much time. I was also very grateful that I had an audio book on my phone for when I was travelling home from babysitting.

3) Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
No, not really. I think it's run very well indeed, and I like the new website design.

4) What do you think worked really well in this year's Read-a-thon?
As I was babysitting for most of it, I didn't really have time to check the website or do any challenges or focus on anything but actually getting reading done when I finally had some time to spare. I'm glad I at least got a few hour of reading in, it makes me glad I didn't decide to skip altogether. I'm also deeply grateful for Andi's reading stats spreadsheet, which made it so much easier to keep track of my reading, even though I occasionally only had five minutes in an hour to read. I've downloaded it and stored it, and will be using it for every Readathon from now on.

5) How many books did you read?
Three and two thirds.

6) What were the names of the books you read?
Two thirds of The Sandalwood Princess by Loretta Chase
Boxers by Gene Luen Yang
Saints by Gene Luen Yang
Locke and Key, vol 1: Welcome to Lovecraft by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez

7) Which book did you enjoy the most?
Not sure I could pick, they all turned out to be good.

8) Which did you enjoy the least?
Again, I actually really enjoyed all of them.

9) How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you take next time?
I fully intend to participate again in October, and will be a reader. Hopefully I'll be able to clear the whole 24 hours for reading then.

Total time spent reading: 5 hours and 15 minutes
Pages read in total: 847
Books completed: Three and two thirds

No comments:

Post a Comment