Sunday 19 October 2014

#Readathon October 2014: Hour the eleventh


It's just turned midnight here in Oslo and I've been trying to read as much as possible. Today is my nephew's first birthday, and I know it's the firstest of all first world problems to complain that my Read-a-thon is hampered by the fact that I had to go have dinner at my brother and sister-in-laws and spend some time with my family. But there was just so much time spent talking about polite nothings or watching small children romping around when I could have been reading! And in the car on the way back it was so dark that I wasn't able to get any reading done at all. I know, I am insufferable. I don't deserve nice things - like a whole weekend when I can just indulge in reading.

Even so (and because I may have done an estimation of how many hours would be spent at my brother's and started the Read-a-thon a bit earlier as a result), I have got a fair amount of reading done.

Thanks to my audio book of The Kid: What Happened After My Boyfriend and I Decided to Get Pregnant by Dan Savage, I was able to get some reading in while having to rush to the shops. I've also finished Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake and am 70% through X Marks the Scot by Victoria Roberts, a truly preposterous historical romance that I need to finish to complete my Alphabet soup challenge. It's not great, you guys. There's sworn enemies forced to marry, and witchcraft accusations and an archery contest and the hero being implicated in the Gunpowder Plot (yes, that one). So much crazy sauce, not a lot of greatness.

Food consumed so far: Some ham, cheese and scallion muffins, Fårikål (courtesy of my brother, it was delicious), some birthday cake, a can of Coke, some chocolate, some jelly candy and some crisps. That thing I wrote in the opening meme about sticking with healthy snacks because of my diet has been completely blown out of the water. I cracked, and I cracked spectacularly. May as well enjoy myself.

Pages read: 589 (Yes, I may have acquired an e-book of the audio book I'm reading to work out the exact number of pages I listened to)
Challenges completed: Recommend Me a Book
Currently reading: X Marks the Scot by Victoria Roberts
Books completed: 1 (Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake)

2 comments:

  1. Wait did my comment get eaten? Just in case, here it is again:

    WOOOOO!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like it may have gotten eaten, so thanks for posting again. So fun that we're both doing this!

      Delete