Saturday 17 January 2015

Reading Challenges 2015: 8th Annual Graphic Novel/Manga Challenge

I really like comic books and graphic novels, and I've been feeling guilty during the last couple of years that I don't read enough of them. Especially because I keep buying trade paperbacks of comic books that I like, and with very few exceptions, they languish on my TBR shelf and get forgotten about. So I am signing up for this challenge in an attempt to actually force myself to read some of the many great books I have waiting for me, and it may also get me to discover new stuff as well.

The Goal of the Graphic novel/Manga Challenge is to sign up for a level and then read as many comic books, graphic novels, trade collections, comics collections or manga as is required. Anything with either frames or speech bubbles counts. You also have to review the books. You can't go back once you've signed for a level, but you can "upgrade" if you see that you can manage more than you first expected.

The levels:

Modern Age: Read and review 12 books during the year (that's only 1 book a month)

Bronze Age: Read and review 24 books during the year (Can you handle 2 a month?)

Silver Age: Read and review 52 books during the year (Are you up to a book a week?)

Because even 12 different graphic novels is more than I've done in the last few years, I'm initially signing up for the Modern Age. Then we'll see if I manage to do more as the year goes on.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the GN/Manga Challenge Malin! Hope you have fun with us this year!

    ReplyDelete