Saturday 17 January 2015

Reading Challenges 2015: The Eclectic Reader Challenge

As I'm sure you've realised by now, I'm a sucker for an interesting reading challenge, especially because so many of them overlap. When looking at websites late last year to see if the ones I'd enjoyed taking part in throughout 2014 would be continuing, I also found a whole bunch of new ones. I am weak, and at some point, I'm sure my sad addiction for reading challenges will abate. This is not that year. Book'd Out is hosting the Eclectic Reader Challenge, which looks like it will be a lot of fun.

The goal is to read 12 books from 12 different categories. The books can be print, e-book or audio. You can choose the books as you go (that's me) or plan the list in advance (although I will probably make up a list of potential candidates for each category). Where a book is identified by more than one genre, like historical romance, it may count as either historical fiction or romantic fiction, not both. You can read the titles and categories in any order, as long as the challenge is completed by December 31st, 2015.

Categories: 
1. Retellings (of fairytales, legends or myth)
2. A book set in a country starting with the letter S (eg. Sweden, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Slovakia - you get the drift)
3. PI Crime (fiction featuring a private investigator)
4. A Novel published before you were born
5. Contemporary romance
6. Fiction for foodies (fiction featuring food/food related business)
7. Microhistory (Non-fiction)
8. Science fiction set in space
9. Sports (fiction or non-fiction)
10. Featuring diversity
11. Epistolary fiction (fiction written in the format of letters/e-mails/diary entries)
12. Middle Grade/YA adventure         

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you joining me in 2015 for the Eclectic Reader Challenge. I look forward to seeing what you choose to read.

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete