Saturday 17 January 2015

Reading Challenges 2015: Monthly Key Word Challenge

So many books to choose from, so many reading challenges to complete. I have really enjoyed the monthly key word challenge the last two years, because first of all, it allows me to make a long long list to plan my reading, and it in some ways helps me narrow down what on my massive TBR list I should tackle next. It tends to put into focus books that I might otherwise have forgotten about. I'm so glad Kim over on Bookmark to Blog is doing a third year. The task is to read at least one book per month that contains one or several of the key words on the list.

The key words for 2015:

January: Girl, Bird, Ever, Silence, Bad, Truth, End
February: Key, Water, Lie, Chase, Heir, Once
March: Kind, Face, Power, City, Blue, Night, To
April: Dream, Prince, Long, Wind, Rose, The, Rock
May: Ash, Rose, Thief, Bend, In, Far
June: My, Together, Whisper, Win, Soul, Sleep
July: Sun, Unto, Energy, Fate, High, Look
August: Fall, Boy, Glass, Heart, Lost, Now
September: Colour, Touch, Life, Day, How, Sweet
October: Ghost, Home, Beach, Away, Test, Number
November: Rise, Holiday, And, Little, Call, Dark
December: Space, Mirror, Over, Flower, Trap, Cold
  • The title you choose can be a variation on one of the key words, for example, your title could include the word "snowing" or "snowflake" even though the key word is "snow".
  • Key words can be tweaked. You could read "Cinder" or "Ashes" for the key word "Fire" and that would be just fine. If the key word is "Family", your title could include the word "sister" or "mother". If the key word is "food", then your title could include the word "cake". 

No comments:

Post a Comment