Saturday 17 October 2015

#Readathon: Diversity Shelfie mini-challenge

Since my concussion is still making it harder for me to read a lot, I'm taking part in more mini-challenges instead. This one is called Diversity Shelfie, hosted over on An Unconventional Librarian. The point of the challenge is to take a photo of yourself with a book featuring diversity and explain why you love the book. I picked Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan, because it features a range of diverse characters, including both gay and straight teens. It also depicts depression and mental illness in one of the better ways I've seen it dealt with in YA fiction, and last but not least, it features Tiny Cooper, one of the most delightful fictional characters I've met in years. I wanted to take a shelfie with Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, but I "only" own that in e-book and audio so far, and hence, can't photograph myself with it.

Pages read so far: 155
Currently reading: Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
Books finished: 2 (but I was almost finished with both before the Readathon began)
Carry On - Rainbow Rowell (audio book, narrated by Euan Morton)
Joyland - Stephen King

No comments:

Post a Comment