Sunday 18 October 2015

#Readathon October 2015: End of event

Another Read-a-thon completed, this one somewhat hampered by the fact that reading actual books, either in paper or e-book form, or spending too much time on a screen gives me a raging headache. Concussions suck, people. Thankfully, over the last few months, I've not really been buying a lot of audio books, instead hoarding my credits like nuggets of gold. That's come in handy now. I'm also more than halfway through the hooded scarf I'm knitting, because I need something to do with my hands when I'm listening.

End of event survey?

1) Which hour was most daunting for you?
Probably hour 6, when it became very clear that my head was having none of this reading business, and it became obvious that it was going to have to be an audio book sort of a Read-a-thon

2) Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged next year?
Carry On - Rainbow Rowell
Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell
Nimona - Noelle Stevenson
Rat Queens, vol 1: Sass and Sorcery - Kurtis J. Wiebe & Roc Upchurch

3) What worked well and what could be improved?
I think it was all good. I liked the various mini-challenges and the activity on Twitter. I don't really see what could be better than what we've got already.

4) How many books did you read?
I completed five books, but two of them I was already most of the way through by the time Read-a-thon started.

5) What were the names of the books you read?
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, audio book narrated by Euan Morton
Joyland by Stephen King
Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, audio book narrated by Rebecca Lowman and Maxwell Caulfield
Rat Queens, vol 1: Sass and Sorcery by Kurtis J. Wiebe & Roc Upchurch

6) Which book did you enjoy most?
Possibly Rat Queens, volume 1 of the books I wasn't actually re-reading/listening to in audio book form. It was delightfully violent, foul-mouthed, action-packed and funny.

7) Which book did you enjoy least?
 There wasn't any book I didn't enjoy, I would rate all the books four stars or higher, but if I had to put one last, it would be Joyland by Stephen King, which I mainly read to fulfill a reading challenge.

8) How likely are you to participate in Read-a-thon again?
I will absolutely be doing Read-a-thon again in April, as long as my schedule allows it. Hopefully, I won't have a head injury that causes me pain while I read.

Pages read in total: 981
Hours read in total: approximately 11,5
Books completed: 5 (see above) 

No comments:

Post a Comment